The increasing prevalence of infectious diseases, antimicrobial resistance, and the continuous emergence of new and old pathogens are driving the search for new therapeutics. The global estimated incidence of deaths from infectious disease is 25%. Ecological, environmental and demographic factors, the ongoing evolution of viral and microbial variants, and the selection of drug resistant strains all contribute to the rising incidence.
Customized, flexible, rapid response
At Cerba Research, we continuously invest to provide you with a network of scientific experts spanning five continents and an integrated, comprehensive portfolio of state-of-the-art tests in virology, bacteriology, and parasitology.
Ongoing collaboration with key experts and opinion leaders enables us to respond to emerging infectious threats immediately, developing new tests in very short time frames. We provide rapid, secure diagnostic solutions, flexibly adjusting our assays and technology transfers to the fast-moving market and seasonal changes in this field.
You can access all techniques required for optimal detection, identification, quantification, and characterization of pathogens such as:
- Culture and microscopy
- Molecular detection of pathogens (including sequencing)
- Mass spectrometry-based techniques for rapid bacterial ID
- Inhibition and neutralization assays
Benefit from our broad experience in detecting:
- Respiratory viruses such as influenza and RSV
- Arboviruses such as Zika and dengue
- Hepatitis viruses
- Other viruses such as HIV and HPV
- Bacteria such as C. difficile and TB
- Parasites such as malaria
- Fungal infections